Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Friday 20 January 2012

2012 - make or break..

After having amazing friends staying with us over Christmas and New Years and really not having much time to baby make, I wasn't really expecting miracles. However, I was hopeful that my cycle would continue on its pretty path.
In my beginning of December cycle, I finally had an LP of a semi-normal length! 13 days in fact! Yay!
Then the next cycle (last cycle) I ovulated like a normal person on CD13! I was sooo excited! And soo hopeful that the combination of my new found LP and my new found Ovulation timing would give me my first beautiful cycle! But, alas.. my body had other thoughts..

Even though I O'ed on CD13, AF arrived on CD24.. Yes ladies and gentleman, yet another 11 day LP...
I wonder if this has anything to do with 11 being my lucky number since childhood because it really is quite ridiculous how stubborn my LP is..

Anyway, i was absolutely gutted.. sooooo gutted.. I just want a normal cycle.
I just want to give my body a chance to conceive.. I am taking my herbs, i'm doing my acupuncture, i'm eating healthy, i'm not drinking, I don't smoke. I've started yoga again..
REALLY? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Mr Man and I had a big chat about it, and we decided that if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.
We have decided that we will continue to give the herbs and acupuncture a chance until April. (It will be 2 whole years of trying then.) If nothing by the end of April, we will go to the hospital and get some Fertility tests done.
If nothing by the end of December this year, we will call it quits and stop trying.
We will be happy that we have each other, and be grateful for the amazing life we live and we will surrender to our destinies as Aunty and Uncle, and we will dote on our nephews (and hopefully someday nieces!) even more than we already do.

It was a hard decision to make. It really was.
But, now that it has been made, I feel so calm about it.
I am so relieved.
And I am soooo grateful for my man. He really is just amazing.
I am sooooo lucky I have him in my life.

So 2012 it is - make it or break it!

No comments:

Post a Comment