Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Saturday 19 November 2011

Dr Sun Fun - part 2

Yesterday was my second visit to Dr Sun.
Whilst I do feel that the herbs have helped with my period pain, I still wasn't overly convinced that his goal was to get me pregnant, the lack of questions about my cycle last time made me felt he was more interested in my period pain - which, granted, are related, but my goal, afterall is to have no periods for 9 months!

Yesterday, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find that he was expecting me!
After no doubt being surprised and a little taken aback by a minimal-Chinese speaking foreigner walking into his clinic last week and pouncing on him with lots of complicated English terms, this time he was prepared with a whole A4 page of translated terms explaining why he believed I was having trouble conceiving and how Chinese Medicine was going to help me to overcome them and get pregnant in 2-3 cycles.

I was impressed to say the least!
He did care!
He cared so much that he spent his own personal time to translate terms into English for me!! Personally, I don't know of too many doctors in Australia that would go to that extreme to translate things into a different language for their immigrant clients!
I suddenly felt sooo guilty for not being confident with his treatment last week and resolved myself to let him work his magic on me.

According to the A4 page of translated information, apparently the reason behind my fertility problems stem from my kidney.
I apparently have low kidney function, or a lack of chi in my kidneys. Because the kidney is the chief of the Endocrine system and is responsible for hormone secretion, I guess it makes sense! That is what he meant by "my body is cold" - in actual fact what he meant to say was "we need to warm your kidney up so it secrete hormones correctly." Apparently if we warm my kidney and rebalance it's chi, my luteal phase with lengthen and my hormones will secrete correctly.
Well that makes more sense now!
He gave me acupuncture again (in different parts of my body this time - but still concentrated around my neck and shoulders), put me on the TEMS machine again, put a heat pack on at the end, and then finished with herbal patches on my shoulders before I left with another bag of herbs.

This time, I left feeling ALOT more confident and happy with the treatment. I googled kidney function and chinese herbs when I got home and found countless TCM sites that say that the problems with the kidney are the leading cause of infertility according to Chinese medicine and can be quite easily cured.

So yay! Here's hoping all of the treatments help to make my body clean and pure and ready to support a baby.

Today's treatments:
Consultation: 100Nt
Herbs: 20Nt
Acupuncture/TEMS machine/heat pack/herbal patches: 50Nt

Total: 170Nt (AU$5.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment