Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Friday 25 November 2011

Dr Sun Fun - Part 3

I realised on Wednesday night that Dr Sun had only given me enough herbs for 6 days, so unsure whether I was just meant to miss a day, or I was meant to visit him every 6 days, I decided to go on Thursday instead of Friday, just in case.
He wasn't expecting me, but seems to have been studying his English Fertility terms as he was able to chatter away with me about my cycle without use of any translated terms at all!
I am still in awe of his dedication!

Anyway, good news is he is happy with my progress although he did remind me that Chinese medicine ISN'T a quick fix and it will take a couple of cycles for everything to be back the way it should be. But that being said, he was very happy that my period was pain free this time, and he has changed my herbs again this week to boost CM and my fertility as I head into O week from tomorrow.

He gave me acupuncture again - in different parts of my body again - this week focusing on my ankles and wrists, as well as my neck and shoulders, put me on the TEMS machine for my shoulders (which feel SOOO much better by the way!), gave me a heat pack and then put a herbal patch on back (about where my heart chakra is) that was made from fresh herbs that he mixed up in front of me.
After 3 visits it is interesting to see how although the basic treatment is the same, it is also slightly adapted each time for the different phases of my cycle.




So how do I feel?
Well, apart from still being in shock about having no period pains at all, I feel great! I feel slightly more energetic overall, my BBT is VERY stable (it has been the exact same temperature 36.28 for the last 5 days!!) and today I noticed my first ever CM! I really do feel like the herbs are helping with my metabolism aswell. I never usually get hungry, and when I do eat I usually feel bloated and heavy, but lately I actually feel like the food is being turned into energy and I no longer feel bloated or sick after eating.

All good signs in my opinion!

Today's trip cost:
Consultation 100NT ($3.30)
Acupuncture 50Nt ($1.80)
Herbs 40NT ($1.30)
Total: 190Nt ($6.30)

Total spent so far: 530Nt  ($17.60)

No comments:

Post a Comment