Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Saturday 19 November 2011

Herbal healing

I know it's still very early to say that the herbs are working - it has only been a week after all, but I really feel alot better.
Normally my periods signal their imminent arrival with about 3 days of cramping, back pain and nausea for me. This is VASTLY better than it used to be, but still annoying, painful, and just not fun. When AF does arrive, she usually kicks all of those other nasties out in an hour or two and settles in to make herself comfortable for 3 or 4 days. And then she's off again, without hardly a goodbye.

This cycle, AF arrived after 6 days of herbs and one acupuncture session, and to be 100% honest, I barely felt her coming!
If it wasn't for me knowing when to expect her, I probably would have had a surprise when I went to the bathroom.
And I haven't had even a twinge of pain at all!
Which for me, is nothing to sneeze at.

My cycle has also been pretty irregular - anywhere from 23-30 days but usually 26-28. She came in the morning of day 27 this cycle which was a nice change!

So, although I do feel it is still too soon to say how much of an affect the herbs are having on my body, I'm quite happy with how I feel from taking them so far!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment