Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Monday 6 February 2012

The restart button

I have restarted our TTC journey.
We have no longer been TTC for 21 months.
No, now we have only been trying for 4.

As the 2 year mark slowly approached, I could feel myself becoming more and more anxious, more and more negative, more and more jealous.
Until a friend kindly reminded me that my body before acupuncture was such a mess that it would have been a miracle to have conceived..
She is right.
I always thought my body was normal, and that the immense pain, vomiting and bleeding I had every month was what every woman went through.
It is only since I have started charting that I can truly see the difference in my body.

This month especially was my first NORMAL cycle!
Yep, I Ovulated on CD13, had a 13day Luteal Phase and my periods came spot on, on day 26! To be honest, if I hadn't have been watching my chart I would never have even known they were coming or even here. I didn't even have the slightest twinge of pain. Nothing at all. It was the strangest feeling to feel 100% period-free mid period!

So my body is definitely getting healthier. 
And ultimately, if I want a healthy baby, I have to provide it with a healthy environment in which to grow and live.
I feel like my body is finally getting ready!

Let's see what this cycle has install for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment