Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Sunday 18 March 2012

Breaking up with the doctor?

So, after my stupidly short cycle again last month, I took a good look at my cycle data on FF yesterday and wow, low and behold, my cycle has actually gotten worse since starting with Dr Sun.
This is my 6th cycle, and even though I have seen some positives come from the treatment, there also seem to have been some very big negatives.

Positives
* My previously irregular ovulation has now stabilised to around CD14.
* My temps have stabilised (although this could also be because our daily routine has also stabilised...??)
* My period pain has improved

Negatives
* My LP hasn't improved. Previously average 11days. Last month 8 days...
* My actual cycle has shortened by about a week.. Before TCM I would very rarely get AF before CD26 - maybe once every 6 months it would come early.  After TCM my cycles have been: 30days, 25 days, 24 days, 25 days, 21 days and today CD22 I am feeling very PMS like.

So am I just replacing one problem with another?

Is there a point in continuing if my cycle is just going to get shorter and shorter??

Or does my body need to focus all of it's energy into healing one area before it can move onto the next, even if that means leaving other areas to suffer in the meantime?

Mr Man wants me to find a different TCM doctor and get a different opinion. TCM is just so cheap over here and as we would really like to try to remain as natural as we can..

Feeling slightly disheartened and lost as to what to try next..

No comments:

Post a Comment