Welcome to my blog.
We are an Australian couple, currently living in Taiwan as English teachers. On top of trying to learn Chinese and trying not to die everyday on the crazy Taiwanese roads, we are also trying to conceive our first child through using Chinese medicine. Join us on our journey through herbs and acupuncture, and every day Taiwanese life.

Friday 30 March 2012

HSG

So yesterday was the day my fallopian tubes went on show.

I was seriously nervous before it, but managed to get to the hospital safely, bought the "equipment" for the procedure (seriously!) then waited for my turn. I was the first one in, and as I was lying on the table, knees apart waiting, the doctor and nurse were having a fine old chat and laughing and joking about something, it was in Hakkanese so I couldn't understand it, and I just thought "I'm lying on a table in Taiwan naked, with my knees apart about to get a catheter in my uterus and the doctors are laughing... My life is never dull." And I had a chuckle to myself as I thought about how wonderful my life with Mr Man is and how, even though I was about to be stabbed in the uterus with a catheter, that I wouldn't change a thing. And I was happy.

And then the stabbing began and I wasn't so happy.

So I had heard that it was like a long papsmear. Well I'll agree the beginning of it was, and then it just really hurt.. I felt the catheter enter my uterus, and the die being injected, I felt the die moving through my fallopian tubes (I now know exactly where they are!) and it felt like everything was being burnt, but not in a seering pain way, more a sharp cramping way.. It's hard to explain. I guess it felt like really bad period pain?
After about 10 minutes of the table moving one way and the other, it was over and I was told everything was OK but that the doctor would have the full report in about a week.

I still felt in quite a lot of discomfort/pain so I decided to hang around the hospital for a bit, until I felt well enough to sit down on my scooter and drive to work. It was a pretty uncomfortable night at work, but today I'm feeling MUCH better! My uterus and I are both feeling relieved..

So I can check "blocked fallopian tubes" off from our list of possible reasons for our infertility!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment